The following was featured on:
Gendarme is one of the top high-quality men’s colognes. This statement may seem to be hyperbole, but truth can be stranger than fiction, even in Hollywood.
Gendarme eau de cologne, to give it its full and proper name, is the original creation of the one and only Topper Schroeder, owner of The Gendarmerie, an exclusive men’s spa just off Santa Monica Boulevard, halfway between Beverly Hills and Hollywood itself, in the neighborhood known as West Hollywood. As an aside, just for your information, Los Angeles Magazine has featured the Gendarmerie as offering one of the “best spa treatments for men.”
Back in 1983, Topper Schroeder needed a fragrance that he could “wear with pride, but without annoying skin irritations or asthmatic reactions”. What started as a scent to satisfy his own personal requirements soon became a popular item among the Hollywood elite, men who need to be well-groomed and elegant every day.
The runaway success of this fresh, citrusy non-allergenic scent among Hollywood’s leading men dovetailed with the success of the Gendarmerie spa, located on Nemo Street, in the area known as West Hollywood. The men of Hollywood, for whom a polished, dapper appearance is a job requirement, come to the Gendarmerie for a full range of services: scrubs and rubs, trims and facials, manicures and pedicures, often topped off with a splash of Gendarme cologne for men.
Gendarme eau de cologne is designed to be subtle. It has a clean, crisp, fresh scent, composed of lemon and lime, bergamot and lavender, with just a hint of jasmine and lilac. It gives the impression you’ve just stepped out of the shower — and the Gendarme scent remains on the skin for a long time – well into the night.
As you might expect, Gendarme men’s cologne is near the top end of the price range for men’s products. However, a travel sized container is available for about half the price of the largest bottle. As befits a scent with this luxurious, glamorous pedigree, the product is packaged in an understated black box with the Gendarme name and logo discreetly presented in white. The bottle reverses the color scheme, with a white label and simple black graphics and text. The most distinctive touch is a sword-slash mark crossing the capital G of Gendarme on the label of the bottle.
Gendarme cologne for men is a luxurious top end cologne with the following features:
- Packaged in a classy, understated black box and white bottle, both with simple, clean designs — impressive as a gift, in your travel case, or on your bathroom counter
- Fragrance that is particularly long lasting on the skin throughout the day
- Fragrance that is carefully designed to be subtle, with tones of lemon and lime, lavender, and bergamot, combined with hints of jasmine and lilac, which come together in a fresh, citrus scent — simultaneously clean, masculine and understated
- Gendarme eau de cologne is suitable for a number of scenarios. It is a daytime cologne for working hours, of course, with — as you might expect from a cologne with a southern California pedigreee — a pleasant scent that is effective and long-lasting even on warm days. Also, as befits its glamorous Hollywood birthplace, you will find that Gendarme is suitable as an accompaniment to an evening event.
- A single application of Gendarme cologne has a long lasting effect, which helps to balance the higher cost of the product.
- Gendarme men’s cologne is specially formulated to be non-allergenic. It will not cause irritations on the skin or affect asthmatic conditions.
- Packaging for Gendarme cologne is clean and understated, in simple black and white. It is ideal for gifting to any man who wants a dapper touch throughout his workday, into his evening hours, and perhaps even on weekends.
- Gendarme eau de cologne is available in a range of sizes: sprays in 1 oz, 2 oz, and 4 oz bottles, plus a 10 oz recharge bottle and a 1.7 oz travel sized can.
- Because of its fresh fragrance, Gendarme can be — and is — also worn by women who want a long-lasting, high-quality, non-allergenic scent.